In this edition of the 'Weekend Packing Series,' we cover all the essentials for the perfect beach trip. Oh, and in case you haven't heard- Skedaddle has $10 trips to the beach from NYC and Boston for the entire month of the July so you can actually put this packing list to good use!
Here is everything you need to make the most of your beach day:
- A beach towel: Everyone's ol' reliable Target has some great inexpensive ones. Or these round ones seem to be all the rage and H&M has an adorable one that's shaped like a watermelon
- Sunscreen: NO-AD brand is a classic favorite and not super expensive. Or if you're willing to spend a little more Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer spray sunscreen is great.
- Beer, wine, rosé, cider...pick your poison: We recently discovered 21st Amendment's Hell or High Watermelon and we're never turning back. On a scale of 1 to basic, this is an 11, BUT Wolfer Estate's Rosé Cider is actually delicious and so refreshing.
- Snacks: Perfect excuse to make a Trader Joe's run- here are some of the healthiest snacks they have to offer, gotta keep that beach bod intact.
- Bluetooth Speakers: Here is Skedaddle's summer 2018 playlist!
- Beach Games: A frisbee or a paddle ball set is probably the easiest to carry, but if you're feeling ambitious there's always Kan-Jam, this beach bocce set or spike ball.
- A great book: A couple suggestions from our resident bibliophile: 'Crazy Rich Asians', 'Where'd You Go, Bernadette', Mindy Kaling's 'Why Not Me?', 'Unbroken' and for any true-crime enthusiasts out there- 'I'll be Gone In The Dark.